Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Liar, Liar

Good things may be happening! I just signed up for satellite service. That will speed up my connection by the power of 10. Maybe I can post more often, although the uplink isn't the fastest, it is faster than 9.6 Kbps!

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0623/p15s01-lire.html?s=hns

Check the link above for a good article about liars.

Has it always been so? Have we always been a people who lie without thinking and then act indignant when others do the same? To be honest, I believe the author of the article in the Christian Science Monitor has the facts correct and we are justifiably indicted.

I must plead guilty as well, as I find myself telling untruths far too easily. What a shame it is though, that we can’t keep our minds focused on the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

What if it’s an untruth as opposed to a lie? Hmmm…is there a difference? If I try to make the argument that there is a difference, then I quickly find myself on shaky ground. (I think Connecticut’s previous governor was treading on that same shaky ground)

Now that I have confessed to telling a few untruths/lies, shouldn’t I expect our leaders to do the same? After all, they continue to tell us that they are just like us. They stress their common man roots during their election campaigns and so they must be prone to the same failures as the rest of us “common folk”. How refreshing it would be to hear a congressman, a mayor, or even a president say, “I’m sorry…but I lied. Please forgive me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment