Thursday, September 16, 2004

Conservatism in action

I had an interesting exchange of e-mail messages with an old friend recently and our electronic discussion focused on the CBS reports concerning Bush’s commanding officer and the memo’s he may or may not have written. What I found odd about the exchange was my friends’ reaction to CBS. He insisted that CBS had been working this story for a number of years? And then he went on to say how much they (CBS) were like McCarthy; they believe something is true, see a danger and then accept any evidence that supports their belief. I had to admit that I was somewhat stunned…isn’t that the same argument that we had with Bush and his belief in WMD’s?

Then he went on to say, “And, now CBS is trying to say, "Well, the documents may be forgeries but the story is still accurate." My God! A major network news organization is saying that if a story is plausible and is very likely true, then actual hard evidence is not needed. Luckily for now, even the NY Times and the Wash. Post disagrees with this journalistic arrogance”

Now I am really stunned! Bush and CBS are clones…it certainly sounds like it if his argument is valid.

Ah, the conservative mind is a fascinating thing to observe in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment