Monday, October 25, 2004

Mira Costa

An odd thing happened as I was Googling “Mira Costa” the other day. That is the name of the high school I attended and graduated from in 1958. Anyway, in the Google results I spotted a name that sounded familiar so I investigated…it was Gary North, a Libertarian writer of some repute. So I took a look at my copy of Hoofprints, the Mira Costa annual. In my class there was a Gary South, but I did find Gary North’s name and picture in the class of 1959. (No, I don’t remember any Gary West or East, but there could have been in later years…)

And today I saw a column of Gary’s on the LewRockwell.com website; a somewhat radical Libertarian site. (They don’t like much of anything…) After reading his column, I began to wonder about the education I had received. Was I as stubborn and opinionated as Mr. North? I decided that, yes, I was…but about entirely different things. Maybe it was the salt air of Manhattan Beach that had warped our minds in some way.

A link –

http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north-arch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment