Tuesday, November 16, 2004

More Fall

It has been a bad week. Although it coincided with the election and the dismal results, my severe cold was not political in any way. I think the worst is over now...(physically - certainly not politically)

And speaking of politics...I read the other day that C. Powell has resigned his position as Secretary of State. That will allow him to retire and enjoy the millions that son Michael so graciously arranged for him. Back in 2002, When AOL and TimeWarner were seeking FCC approval for a merger, Michael did not recuse himself from voting, insisting that there was only a "fuzzy" connection btween himself and AOL. That "fuzzy" connection was his father's seat on the board of AOL and his father's options on $13 plus million in AOL stock. "If I let people lightly connect us, where I know there is no connection, I might as well get out of government," said Michael. Oddly enough, Michael voted for the merger.

Now that I'm ambulatory, I will be busy this week with the chore of burning leaves. It is simply amazing how many leaves have fallen. And continue to fall...I posted a photo of our front yard a few weeks ago and now I will post one taken last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment