Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A blog a day...

As I was driving yesterday, I was listening to KVMR and I heard that there was a potential for improving your immune system if you were to write for 20 minutes each day. So I looked up a few sites on the net and found this one…

“Psychotherapy and other techniques that bring repressed emotional material into consciousness can also heal, both psychologically and physically, by helping us to achieve peace of mind. One interesting series of studies by psychologist, James Pennebaker and Janice Kiecolt-Glaser asked twenty five adults to write down details of disturbing life experiences and to describe their feelings about them. A control group of equal size wrote only superficial topics. Blood tests showed strikingly improved immune function among the emoters, who also made fewer visits to the doctor, but no improvement among the control group. Six months after the experiment was over the emoters still showed positive health effects.”

I like it! My ramblings can be beneficial…to me. But, the study doesn’t indicate what your writings will do to the health of those who read them. Could this be a whole new field of opportunity for lawyers? For government? Poets could be sued for practicing medicine without a license. As you can imagine, the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment