Sunday, January 30, 2005

Early morning ravings

On Friday I heard an interesting comment from my granddaughter when I told her that, “No, I didn’t watch the Early Show with Jon Stewart because I didn’t care for profanity.” I was told that was “nothing” and that I could hear the same thing or worse in high school or even middle school. So what’s the matter with our schools? Why is it allowed? I don’t understand, nor will I ever understand, why anyone would use profanity. It’s common, it’s vulgar and a sign of stupidity. Yes, I said stupidity, and that is not the same as a lack of intelligence. Even intelligent people can be stupid. Profanity…It’s the language that sheep use.

There I go again, maligning sheep. I need to make myself clear on this; I love the four legged variety and have little use for the two legged sheep.

Now that I have said all of this, I also know that I will be the one that is considered “odd”. Oh well, better odd than one of the flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment