Monday, January 24, 2005

Foggy days remembered

The fog has returned. Darn! And speaking of fog…and airplanes, which I was. I used to travel via United Airlines quite frequently and I remember one foggy morning at Sacramento International, when I sat in my assigned seat at 6:30, fully expecting to go to Chicago. The doors closed, the plane began to push away and the attendants began their usual routines. But we stopped about 20 feet away from the ramp and there we sat…and sat some more. We sat for a total of 5 ½ hours. We looked out of the windows at the people in the terminal and they looked back at us…for 5 ½ hours.

This memory was brought back to me by the news that O’Hare Airport (Chicago) was affected by the weekend storms in the east and they had to cancel 1,300 flights. In Chicago, I think that 1,300 flights is about an hours worth. What an airport! It’s no place for an INFP personality type and I dreaded being sent there. Although the underground passageway between terminals B and C is a “must see” attraction. I would sometimes go through it 3 or 4 times if I had enough time between flights. Hey, it made me smile…and that is rare in an airport! Here is a link, http://www.flychicago.com/ohare/about/about_gallery1.shtm

No comments:

Post a Comment