Monday, February 28, 2005

Don't Blame Wal-Mart

The New York Times > Opinion > Op-Ed Contributor: Don't Blame Wal-Mart

Ya know, I don't blame Wal-Mart at all...but I don't shop there. (as a rule...had to buy some wipers there while in Susanville.) I avoid any retailer I don't like. It's the American way! I don't shop at Home Depot because I don't like the color orange. Also the stores are always dark and the service is lousy. I don't shop at Best Buy because they are noisy stores. Same thing for American Eagle...noisy! I don't shop at stores that sell branded merchandise, like Old Navy...why would you wear an advertisement for someone? I don't have a grudge against any of them, I'm just practicing my "Freedom" and so should you!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Hey Grandpa, have you seen the latest commercial from Wal-Mart? The boy smiley face paints a new 'girl' smiley face (noted by her lazy eyes and curly eyelashes) and together they run around the store lowering prices. Oh happy day, we have been liberated by a girly-looking smiley face! Pretty blatant for a company with a large sexual discrimination lawsuit pending. I do blame Wal-Mart, as a consumer I refuse to shop there, because at this point that is all we can do. Unfortunately, we are controlled by the elites running companies like Wal-Mart, and when legislation comes through for higher minimum wage or mandatory health insurance, they make sure it is knocked down, even by voters here in California. Wal-Mart paid millions to make sure that didn’t pass this past fall, couldn’t that money have gone to… I don’t know… something like health insurance for their employees?
    P.S. My mother, your daughter, still admits to shopping there. What can we do? She’s fallen into the trap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I still blame those who support Wal-Mart, not Wal-Mart itself. If we didn't buy there...they would disappear, along with their influence. I saw what happened to Susanville and it isn't pretty. But who supported the uptown merchants? Now the citizens are stuck with the results of their decision to shop at Wal-Mart. Free enterprise is so messy!

    ReplyDelete