Saturday, February 19, 2005

Podcasts

I don’t remember…did I mention that I have begun to explore the world of “podcasting”? Well, I have and in its own way, it’s something I had always been interested in. I’m a big fan of public radio and the smaller the radio station, that’s all for the better as far as I’m concerned. I particularly like the idea of the neighborhood stations that operate with less than 5 watts. That’s my idea of public radio…that’s public with a small “p”. Some operate as “pirate” stations and I approve of that as well. As long as they’re good neighbors and don’t mess with others use of the airwaves, more power to them…or is it less power?

At one time I daydreamed of being the host of a radio show on KVMR, 89.5…a very real public radio station. All the hosts (non salaried) have programs that showcase their own interests so you never know what you might hear. And I figured that I had eclectic enough tastes in music to be a host…

Want to know more about podcasting? Google that term and you will find a bunch of material. Or, try this link…

http://ipodder.org/

The immediate problem with podcasting is avoiding some of the foul mouthed jerks that inhabit this part of the internet. It is no worse than, maybe not as bad…as a lot of other stuff to be found on the net. But it’s still a problem. And you have to pick and choose carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment