Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Questions

Why does this idiot still have a job?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A senior U.S. Marine Corps general who said it was "fun to shoot some people" should have chosen his words more carefully but will not be disciplined, military officials said on Thursday.
Lt. Gen. James Mattis, who led troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, made the comments at a conference Tuesday in San Diego.
"Actually it's quite fun to fight 'em, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up front with you, I like brawling," said Mattis.


What also disturbs me is the fact that the news services have dropped this story like a hot potato...why? Are they afraid of the new and dangerous power of the Pentagon? And what about our elected representatives? Where do they stand on this issue? I haven't heard a word from them.

1 comment:

  1. I want my cobat Generals to talk just like that. I want the Generals in charge of the political end of things to be in charge of Generals that talk like this.

    "Good Night Chesty where ever you are"

    Are you familiar with Lt. General "Chesty' Puller?

    ReplyDelete