Thursday, March 3, 2005

Early times

I awoke early because of my nap time in front of the television last night. I wish I wouldn’t do that. But, what is there on television to keep me interested? “Vast wasteland” indeed! I’m glad we have the set in another room and the temptation to watch is tempered somewhat by the fact that you have to go to a distinct and separate room to do it.

I’m already on my third cup of coffee and have now posted to my blog 3 times. Is there a correlation? And speaking of blogs…would someone please come up with a better word for weblogs than “blog”. It does not roll off the tongue easily and it has an “ick” factor of about 8. I hope someone is already working on that.

Speaking of separate rooms; we use our study for most evenings. The room was going to be called the office and that sounded far too businesslike for a retired couple, so it became the study. We have both computers, lots of desk space and about a third of our library in the room. And I was thinking of moving a comfortable chair into the room as well, placing it in the corner by the bookshelf.

In the future, I see such a room becoming the focal point for all interaction. The television would be a part of the computer system and the telephone would be integrated as well. Books, computer, television and telephone. What else would you need? Oh, yes…the microwave!

No comments:

Post a Comment