Sunday, March 6, 2005

Manhattan Beach Morning

First, I read the news that the TV program CSI: Miami is filmed in Manhattan Beach and that made me chuckle. I haven't seen the program, so I will have to check it out.

Why would I want to laugh? Because I grew up there and I can't imagine it ever looking like Miami...but I suppose it has been a long time since we left that city (1963) and things change...

And then as I was Googling more Manhattan stuff, I ran across a book on the history of that town and ordered it for just $7, from one of the Amazon partners. You can anticipate some scans showing up here plus some stories from my memories of life at the beach in the 40's and 50's.

The book... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0738519111/002-8185007-5520815

No comments:

Post a Comment