Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Springtime wonders

Yesterday morning, I spent some time preparing for the coming gardening season by planting seeds in small peat containers. This soon became a time of worship as I opened the seed packets and saw the size of the seeds that would eventually grow and deliver the crop that I had planned in the dark of winter. I can’t imagine anyone gardening and not believing that there is a God. The seeds for the tomatoes were just specks, yet each one contains all the information needed to produce a huge plant, bearing dozens of tomatoes. Each seed a miracle in itself. In a few weeks those seeds will be plants of about 2” in height and when I plant them in the garden, they will be close to 8” high. Even though I should be immune to these feelings of wonder, I am struck by them each and every spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment