Friday, April 8, 2005

Morning Thoughts

Friday has arrived and I am awake at a later hour. I woke up 3 or 4 times this morning and finally got out of bed about 4:45. And now that I’m up and have a cup of coffee in front of me, I am slowly awakening. My mind is churning away at a dozen different thoughts, but none of them are surfacing as the Prime Thought of the day. Later…perhaps.

As I sit in contemplation, over my cup of coffee, I can hear the music of the wind chimes. This particular set I have always liked for their appearance but they were far too loud for the city-sized lot we had in Roseville. These chimes are lengths of copper tubing with a striker that is activated by a small, fluttering, sail of copper sheeting. The tuneful assemblage has a lovely green patina, and that look fits with the grape arbor where they hang. Strange, but the sounds, which were too loud in Roseville, seem just fine here.

What does the day hold? The forecast is for more rain with scattered thundershowers; something we saw yesterday. If so, that means I can’t do much outside and will have to content myself with interior chores, such as vacuuming and dusting. Darn!

Yesterday, and in between showers, I was able to move the wood pile to a new location. The wood had been placed against the fence and squirrels had made the stack into a fortress and walnut warehouse. Since squirrels have no manners, their eating habits had attracted others to the walnut feast. There was a complete life-to-death ecological system living in the woodpile and I hadn’t known that, until a neighbor’s dog had upset a portion of the pile in his quest for a teasing squirrel.

Just on the other side of that same fence is the location for my new herb garden and fountain. That is beginning to shape up as a “Project” in my mind. In fact, it’s almost ready for me to put on paper. I have to supply electricity to the site as well as water. And I can incorporate the garden bird bath into it, something I have always wanted to do, ever since my eldest daughter gave it to me, and that was about 8 years ago?

As you can see, my churning mind has suddenly focused on the garden…OK. Now it’s time to read the paper and see what is happening in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment