Thursday, August 11, 2005

Failure

Thursday has arrived and all is well…or as well as can be. What I thought was going to be a simple drill and fill day at the dentist yesterday turned out to be more than that. The tooth in question had been filled previously and was in a somewhat weakened state; so when the clamp was placed around it, it only took a little pressure to break off completely. The final result was a root canal procedure and the promise of more work on the tooth in the days ahead. The dentist will fashion a two-piece porcelain crown that will fit into the remains of the roots. In the meantime, I’m toothless…

And now, to make my day complete…the coffee pot has stopped working! What an irritating event that is. It’s not quite a year old and it has failed.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:09 PM

    Hope it's not a front tooth. You will give the town of Orland a bad name, walking the silly walk with a front tooth missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tooth #4...only slightly noticeable. My dentist thinks I'm cool because I know how to number my teeth and I can use use words like "mesial" and "distal".

    And my silly walk elevates the status of Orland!

    ReplyDelete