Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Golden

This morning I have to drive back down to see my dentist in Roseville, not my favorite thing to do. But I have a chance to get a filling repair paid for under my old insurance policy before it expires in a few weeks when I reach the age of 65. I now have supplemental health insurance to cover what Medicare doesn’t cover. (But no dental!) All of these expenses are manageable with our retirement income, although I can’t imagine what it must be like for those who don’t have retirement plans. That’s why it’s especially cruel to even think about removing or modifying the benefits of Social Security. Why do we want to punish people? Old people?

And speaking of retirement; when I think about my children, I wonder what their retirement dreams are? They haven't shared it with me if they do have a plan. And work till you die is not a viable plan! It would be interesting to hear what they want to do once they have the freedom to do as they please. Not that I have a specific plan…as I don’t, but I have a myriad of things I want to do and it seems like I don’t have time to do them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment