Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Awake

What a morning! If I wasn’t quite awake earlier…I am now. And it is all because of coffee. Yes, coffee will wake you right up when it’s spilling across the surface of the kitchen counter in hot streams. I had forgotten to put the basket holder into the machine earlier, just before loading it with fresh coffee grounds and water. And 5 minutes later, when I walked into the kitchen, fully anticipating that my first cup of coffee would be ready to pour, I was faced with this minor disaster. OK, the lights go on and I go to work, resolving to myself that I will not allow my temper to get the best of me. Soon the counter is clean and I prepare another pot. What I didn’t do was to make certain that all of the liquid from the first attempt was clear of the system…and so when I filled it with water, the excess burst forth in a lovely dark stream, flooding my newly cleaned counter. This time I let the coffee pot continue its work while I mopped up once more; after all, I had come into the kitchen for a cup of coffee and somehow I was going to get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment