Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Change

I’m finally doing something that I have dreaded for a long time. I’m changing my ISP and that means a new e-mail address. I think I have had this old JPS address for 10 years and I don’t have a clue as to how many accounts I have linked to that address. I have begun the process of changing over by sending out a mass mailing to friends and relatives with my new e-mail address, and during the next few days I will go to the websites of those retailers I frequent and modify my accounts there. Then it’s time to look through my archived mail and see who else I need to contact. What a chore!

Think about it…wouldn’t it be “smarter” to have an e-mail address that would be yours permanently, sort of like your Social Security #, and no matter where you were…you would get your mail. I know that’s how web mail works and I have 2 of those accounts, but I want my important mail, my family mail, to be delivered right to my electronic doorstep, here in Orland. It could be done...but in the meantime, and on a positive note, this change means that I can opt out of some of the regularly scheduled e-mail I have been receiving for the past 10 years. Mail that I just never got around to canceling.

No comments:

Post a Comment