Friday, September 30, 2005

Coffee Time

The last day of September. It’s a Friday and that means that I will need to find a spot to enjoy my coffee and read the News and Review when I go to town for my walk this morning. This is a habit that I have enjoyed developing. But, the last little bit of this habit is not quite complete as I don’t have a favorite coffee shop. I would have liked Bidwell Perk, but it’s always too crowded. Cal Java on East Avenue is good, but small and cramped, necessitating a seat outside, and that’s tough in the winter. Cal Java at Raley’s Center is also small, but it does feel better; though it is out of the way. Steam and Bean changed hands and the quality has suffered. Higher Ground was good but they removed their reading material? There was a spacious and comfortable shop on Highway 32 near the freeway…but they closed. Café Flo is a possibility, but their pastry selection is seriously lacking in variety. I prefer not to patronize the many Starbuck’s available and coffee at Peet’s was a less than memorable experience. What I’m looking for may not be available – yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment