Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Out Walking

When I’m out walking I try to remember to bring along my tape recorder so that I can record my thoughts before I lose them. And every once in awhile I have to listen to those recordings, make a note or two and then erase the tape so that I can start over. I’m doing that today…

“Why do we attach so much importance to “precedence”? What if we were doing it all wrong to begin with? Why not examine everything with a fresh viewpoint each and every time? “Because we always do it this way” is not a good excuse for anything.

“What a setup! The Israeli’s were asked by the Palestinian Authority to destroy the synagogues before the turnover of Gaza. Although the Israeli’s had destroyed all of the settler’s homes, they declined to destroy the synagogues. The Palestinians then burned down 4 of them, just as the Israeli’s were hoping they would…turning public opinion against Palestinians once again.”

“I could probably do a whole series of commentaries on my walking shoes.”

“I’m saying “hello” and “good morning” to everyone once again…but few replies. In fact I just passed a young girl; in her twenties, and she frowns every morning when I greet her. I can almost count on it.”

“That reminds me of a time in the past when I used to join with 2 or 3 others every Tuesday morning for prayer. We would pray for all those in the church that had requested it. And once every few months, we would see a prayer card, asking us to pray for Marc, for his salvation. After a year or so, I began to depend on seeing that card and would worry if it didn’t show up. (What I should have been doing was celebrating…our prayers had been answered.) But no, the card would show up once again and in some perverse way, that made me feel better? And so it is with the frowning girl; will I really be happy if she decides to smile some day?”

“I can smell the cholesterol calling me!” – spoken as I smelled the delightful aroma of eggs and sausage cooking, somewhere near One-Mile.

“What if we were to explore the possibility of using carbon nanotubes for road surfacing?”


No comments:

Post a Comment