Friday, November 18, 2005

Chores

Since it is Friday, I need to go out for a long and fast walk this morning and then spend some quality time at a favored coffee house with a medium sized latte and a copy of the News and Review, the radical rag of Chico. And I had better do it early, as I still have plenty of chores to do at home. Burning leaves would be at the top of the list, followed by finishing up the trim in the living room. Mowing the lawns has to fit in there as well. I did rake up most of the leaves yesterday, but the trees are still shedding and I expect to see a carpet of yellow leaves once the sun rises. And I have a new chore for the list…I joined the Orland Friends of the Library awhile ago and yesterday I became involved in their internet sales program. It is research work, as they frequently find rare and sometimes valuable books among the many that are donated. We look up the titles on various sites and then post a description and price on the Bookfinders website. I saw one yesterday that was going to retail for $180…not bad for donated treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment