Saturday, November 26, 2005

Shhh!

Saturday morning has arrived again and the house is sort of quiet. It has been a restless night for the twins and for their dad, whose back is giving him lots of pain. I can hear Steven (or is it Abby?) crying softly in the other bedroom and then the noise stops for awhile. Only to resume once again, just when you think they are finally asleep.

It’s time for my second cup of coffee but I’m quite aware of the fact that I will have to travel down the hall, past the children’s room to get it. And my trip will cause the motion sensor to turn on a light in the hallway. Will the twins be asleep? Or will the light let them know that I’m up and about?

OK, I’m back and apparently I disturbed no one with my travels...It has been a quiet few days for news, even with the use of the news aggregator; I haven’t found much that I want to comment on. I did find a few new blogs that I will enjoy reading and some interesting new commentaries as well.

It’s time to browse the news again and see if there isn’t something worth commenting on.

I did find an article on Richard Pombo, the Republican congressman who thinks it’s a good thing to build a new freeway from Tracy to San Jose…over land that he and his family owns. He is also in charge of the committee that oversees U.S public lands and thinks that it’s time we used (sold) those lands and made a little money on the deals. It’s not surprising that he is also involved in the real estate business. But it’s his ethics bankruptcy that scares me.

And I found another article on the Medicare fiasco. This one is written by the Wall Street Journal and demonstrates that even some conservatives can see greed as being something “bad”, every once in awhile. Although their main complaint seems to be that the Republican Medicare drug fiasco will only make it harder to fool the public in the years to come. Naturally.

And then there is an article from Slate regarding Cheney’s recent diatribes against anyone who might dare to question the Commander-in-Chief.  

No comments:

Post a Comment