Monday, December 12, 2005

How Very

Weird.
I don’t know what’s wrong with my e-mail server…or is it the server? I use Direcway, the satellite service for my ISP and it operates in both directions. The old service depended on a phone line out to upload any files or mail. The service I use now, works by beaming my outgoing messages to a satellite and then they are sent down to the Direcway server. So far, so good…except for occasional missing mail, in either direction! In my imagination, I see a stream of 0’s and 1’s (my mail) hurtling through the atmosphere and into space, but just missing the satellite by a fraction of an inch. Darn! Now off they go, into deep space, never to be seen again. And when they send me a mail message, I see the satellite controllers taking careful aim at the tiny dish on the roof of my house…the binary “arrow” is released and oops! Missed! All of the 1’s and 0’s lie shattered in the middle of Road P.

Technology, ya gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment