Monday, December 26, 2005

It's Over

Christmas is over. (And there are 364 shopping days left till the next time we “celebrate”.) We had a good time and everything we gave and everything we received was simply perfect. Not everyone in the family was there, and as parents and grandparents, that was the only significant flaw in the day. Maybe next year.

And the world resumes its normal activities as well. I seem to remember that today is supposed to be the second most important shopping day of the year. I have never, no…never ever, gone shopping on the day after Christmas. Just the thought of all of those people in the stores gives me a shudder or two.

I wonder if there are just as many bargains on-line? It follows that there would be. Perhaps I should look around the virtual malls this morning. There won’t be any parking problems.

And what are the normal activities of the world? According to the headlines, what is “normal” probably needs to be redefined. Scary! But on the lighter side, a story about the guy walking across the country. I had forgotten all about him so I found this to be an interesting story.

No comments:

Post a Comment