Monday, January 23, 2006

Tired

The news is exhausting at times. The sheer volume of available news is staggering! And I have this compulsion to read it all…or at least the headlines. And this morning I’m having a frustrating time with my Direcway satellite connection; getting DNS error messages at every page I try to access. I may have to wait till the black and white news is delivered before I comment any further.

I can hardly wait till cable or DSL broadband is available here. Yes, we live in one of the few places where cable doesn’t even exist as an option. You might think that we lived in a “holler” in faraway Appalachia…instead of where we do live; suburban California, 20 minutes from Chico and its University. Although I complain about the satellite connection, it’s still ten times faster than the available dial-up, though the rumor has it that DSL might become available this year. (Same rumor as last years) Thank you SBC!  

And cable? That isn’t even on the horizon for us. When we lived in remote Janesville (population 500), 20 years ago, cable was available. Thank you Comcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment