Thursday, February 9, 2006

Busy?

I need to get busy on the pruning in the orchard. I see flowering has already begun in some areas of the county (almonds) and I don’t want to get caught pruning after buds have formed. And I want to begin my seeds for the garden as well. Spring brings plenty of work after a relaxed, but short winter season. So it’s apricots and peaches first, the cherries and pears are second with plums and prunes after that. The walnuts can be last. The recipe for the tonic says that I can buy the ingredients at Red Star Mills, but I’m going to stop by the C Bar D store and see if they have the same ingredients; they’re closer to home. And after all of that, I need to build two raised beds for vegetables this year. The rest of the garden is going to be things that grow on vines…

No comments:

Post a Comment