Saturday, February 25, 2006

For Sale

I have looked at the news for this morning and all seems well…or as well as can be expected. And I just received a “virtual” tap on the shoulder from my Outlook reminder…the Bidwell Classic is only 6 days away. Will I be ready? I think so; and we’re going to do a fast lap of the park this morning, just to be sure. And we’re planning on a longer walk for tomorrow morning; a double?

Comments: The subject of American ports came up last night and it was not surprising to find that most thought that the ports had always been in the hands of U.S. businessmen; they were surprised to learn that a British company, P&O, was selling the operations to a company based in Dubai. I think most Americans would be shocked to find out how much of America is being run by the multinational corporations. America stopped being an island unto itself a long, long time ago. It’s a much smaller world and that gives us a greater responsibility; to be a good neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment