Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wednesday

The middle of the week. And it’s early for me once again. I took a nap yesterday afternoon and so five hours of sleep was all I could muster last night. I need to avoid the naps and the television if I’m going to go for eight straight hours of sleep. But do I need to? I enjoy being awake at this hour. People on the east coast are just waking now. In another hour or so, they will be making news. It’s almost noon in London, and somewhere in the world…it’s tomorrow!

And this morning I need to spend some time Googling for a remedy, a cure for cats that allow glue traps to become stuck to them. Plain water doesn’t touch it. I will try warm and soapy water next, but I suppose I will have to end up using scissors.

OK, here’s the answer…“Use plain old cooking oil. That comes straight from the exterminator that supplies my mother with those traps. She had one turn over onto her carpet and the cooking oil worked like a charm. Rub a little into the glue and comb it off. Then use a degreasing shampoo.”

I’m going to get rid of the glue traps. They only attract dust…and cats. I have only had one mouse caught this way and I think the D-Con works better.

Now what’s the weather supposed to do today? And speaking of weather, the 4 O’clock Flyer has not made an appearance. And sure enough, the current temp is 34°, going for a high near 70°.

No comments:

Post a Comment