Saturday, March 18, 2006

All is Fair

Saturday, and it’s the middle+ of the month already! No matter what the groundhog says, spring is close at hand. (OK, so he was right) Just seeing the sunshine streaming in the window while we were eating dinner was awesome!

The blossoms are blooming and the bees are buzzing; everywhere! Trees are beginning to leaf; pale green leaves unfurling slowly in the sun. Allergy sufferers are hitting the drugstores for relief, so yes…spring is almost here. (And on a note of national importance and spring, combined…I can see that the enforcement of immigration laws is working. They are still pruning in the orchards. The commercial pruning is usually over with in January, but not this year.)

And speaking of the news; I was being inundated by the Google News Alerts I had set for news of Oil, Nanotechnology, Iraq and Iran. I was receiving about 40 alerts a day and a lot of them were repeats. So I decided to cancel them. After all, I have the Pluck News aggregator to keep me informed up to the minute. And that worked…sort of. The Iran alerts continue to come to my mailbox quite regularly, and when I go the Google page to remove them, the page indicates that I have no alerts scheduled. The page is blank. A software glitch and I will probably receive Iran alerts for the rest of my life.

A thought that I read recently…“many Americans would never think of returning land that was violently taken from the original inhabitants of this country; (Manifest Destiny) but they would argue that it’s morally correct to re-establish property lines drawn in Biblical times.” What’s with that?

And another thought…when we say the word “diplomacy”, we assume it also means “fairness.” Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment