Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bored?

I have been working on gourds (art) these past few days. And I have some good ideas for more of it. I want to use some of the copper sheeting I bought, applying it to the gourds in strips and other shapes. I will have to experiment with adhesives and find one that will hold the copper tightly, but still allow me to move it around for a little bit before the adhesive sets. I want to be able to place it in just the right spot. And I don’t want to forget the watercolors. I have a project or two that need to be completed. Between watercolors, stained glass, gourds, and a growing interest in mosaics and concrete art, not to mention a half dozen other methods of artistic expression…I have plenty of methods to use my artistic voice. I just want to find the one that really satisfies me. Will I?

I guess you can see that I haven’t become bored by my retirement. In fact, I rarely think about work anymore. It’s as if it never existed. I am writing about work in my blog, but it’s the telling of a story and I don’t feel connected to it anymore. It was fun…but it is history now.

When I first retired, I went through all of the usual emotions associated with retirement. A sense of worthlessness. Lost. A lack of power. Disconnected from the world! OK, it’s over now…and I am just fine. Moving on.

And speaking of projects, I need to install the doors in the closet for our “television” room. That’s definitely a high priority item! I should measure those once again and see if I can’t get that done this coming week.

1 comment:

  1. Steve I have an old friend back here who does incredible artwork on gourds. They are unbelievable. Unfortunatley she is so wacked out on drugs she can't put her life together enough to do anything with her art but let in pile up around her home. I figure one day she will OD and her art work will be worth millions.

    I'll try to take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete