Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Cookie weather...why not?

A rainy, wet Tuesday. And the forecast is for more thundershowers all week long. Depressing. Is that why the volume of my writings has slowed to a trickle?

Maybe it’s the news that is so depressing and not the weather at all? Nah! It’s the same old news. Murder and mayhem…what’s depressing about that?

On a positive note, I did get the fertilizer on the rest of the lawn before the rain started. Also, I was able to get the Roundup onto the weeds. And slowly but surely, I have been clearing some work space in the garage. Now I have a space for my watercolors and a place for the gourds. What else did I do? Yes, I made cookies; oatmeal scotchies.

Yesterday, before I became so serious about my chores, I went into town and got in the usual 6+ miles of walking in the park. And while I was walking I started thinking about how important it is to always ask “why?” Reporters are taught to ask “who, where, what and when” when beginning to cover a story. “Why?” is the question the question that we are supposed to ask after we read the story. Think about it; asking “why?” is the single most important thing we can do if we want to be informed; if we want to be a part of this world. Every thought should begin with “why?”

Funny; children understand that better than adults. At a certain age they begin to ask “why?” and of course it drives us nuts after awhile. They are expecting answers! Yet, we really should be nurturing that kind of questioning. Asking “why? should become second nature to them. And to us.

Why? Sounds like a good title for a new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment