Thursday, March 16, 2006

Early

Thursday once again and for some odd reason I’m awake at a far earlier hour than yesterday. Should I worry? No, it was probably the wind that woke me up. It’s raining right now and according to the weather report, the wind is blowing at 24 mph. That certainly has the wind chimes ringing! The wind has caused the temperature to rise and so it’s only 52°. Perhaps it was the barking dogs that caused my sleeplessness? The wind brings strange noises and scents to the dogs and they respond. I’m sure glad those dogs are as far away as they are; I would hate to have them next door to me.

It’s time for my second cup of coffee and a view of the news. Here’s something…Nearly 90,000 lightweight trailers built to be temporary are in an area prone to flooding, tornadoes and, of course, hurricanes.”  I hope those cruise ships haven’t left port. The citizens of Louisiana and Mississippi may need them again. Soon.

And this bit of news…“The Republican-led Senate, worried that seniors will punish GOP lawmakers at the polls for missteps in the new Medicare prescription drug program, voted to authorize the government to lengthen the sign-up period for the benefit and to negotiate cut-rate prices with drug companies.” I’m one of those seniors and I am enjoying the power! Yes! But I’m also going to need some new software just to track the Medicare costs. Luckily, that’s available now. Imagine…individual citizens needing computer software to navigate the perils of medical billings.

One more…“Effort to Overhaul Lobbying Gets a Chilly Reception
WASHINGTON-House GOP leaders say they'll persist despite colleagues' resistance to post-Abramoff plans.”  Why comment? It’s business as usual in Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment