Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's the Law!

Here we are, Wednesday morning again. And my new wireless thermometer tells me that it’s 68.2° inside and 37.4° outside. I love it! OK, I know it’s useless data but I love it just the same. And most data is useless. We read it, we’re startled by it, we ponder it, we debate it…and we continue to do as we always have. Hang the facts!

In the news: There are lots of comments to be made about the case of Abdul Rahman, a citizen of Afghanistan, who is being prosecuted for being a Christian. He faces the death penalty under the Islamic law that governs that country.

One; this case is not about Christianity versus Islam. It’s all about tribalism; and the hazards of being different in any country where tribalism reigns.

Being “different” is always hazardous; no matter where you live, but in Afghanistan it’s deadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment