Saturday, March 25, 2006

NOW

I was watching NOW on PBS last night and there was a good story on the rise of centrism in this country. I still consider myself a centrist and it’s nice to see that the position is gaining in popularity. There has been a 300% increase in the number of people registering as independents. Hopefully, the two political parties will lose their power in the next decade and intellectuals, those who can think for themselves, will come into power. That would be you and I.  

2 comments:

  1. Centrist? Well you seem to be pretty conservative theologicaly but very left of center in your secular politics. Perhaps that is what makes you a centrist, the balancing of the two.

    I do wonder Steve how do you deal with conservatives in contemporary evangelical christianity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a circle Dave...eveyone is either to the left or to the right of you. I'm always in the center. That's why labels drive me nuts! And why I use them...

    "conservatives in contemporary evangelical christianity?" I pray for them...they need it!

    ReplyDelete