Monday, April 17, 2006

Free?

GO BANKRUPT, THEN GO OVERSEAS
“For Delphi, Chapter 11 is a globalization gambit. If it works, rivals may copy it.” This could be bigger news than first appears…I have been reading “The World is Flat” by Thomas Friedman and he thoroughly explores and explains free markets and globalization. It’s certainly worthwhile reading and may surprise you when you see how much of the world has already understood the free market concept while we snooze here at home.

But…and this is irritating. Friedman is coming out with a revised and expanded version of his book sometime this spring. Shouldn’t I get a copy of that for some sort of discounted price? After all, when I bought the book, I thought I was getting the final word. Are authors looking at Detroit as a business model? Where the 2006 version of a book will soon be replaced by the 2007 version?

No comments:

Post a Comment