Sunday, April 23, 2006

Let's See...What's New

Sunday is here. And all is quiet outside; I don’t hear the tap, tap, tap of rain dripping from the gutters. That’s a good sign! A clear blue sky at dawn would be an even better sign. But I have to wait a few more minutes for that to happen.

What else is new? The details for our trip to Alaska are coming together, but the Mayor’s Midnight Sun marathon website is of no help. The Portland marathon website is one of the best ones around and you might think that others would copy it, but no! And then the Alaska Airlines website adds to the confusion. I’m checking the box for roundtrip flights and it gives me one-ways in each direction and asks me to put them together. Hundreds of them! And all very expensive. What are surprising to me are the flight durations, including airport time. It’s hard to imagine that over 14 hours are needed to get from Redding to Anchorage? Is it time for me to call a travel agent?

I have successfully (somewhat) completed the changeover from one e-mail address to another and my mailbox had most of the usual items in it this morning with only a few things missing. Now I have to check Laurae’s in-box to make certain hers is working as well.

Some news…”AFP - The Central Intelligence Agency warned US President George W. Bush before the Iraq war that it had reliable information the government of Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction, a retired CIA operative disclosed.” Those darn retired guys again! You just can’t trust them to keep quiet about what they know!

And this one… Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger sharply criticized the Bush administration Saturday for refusing to declare a pre-emptive federal disaster for California's fragile levees.” It’s still payback time for California. Bush lost this state in both elections and he has never forgotten it. And you shouldn’t either.

No comments:

Post a Comment