Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A New Habit

I guess it’s time to bring in the cat. I’m sure she is waiting for me out in the garage. We’re developing a routine now; I open the door and she trots in and does a series of very looonnnggg cat stretches. Then she races me down the hallway, stopping just once to peer in our bedroom as she passes the doorway. She knows someone is in there. She then races into the study, always beating me there by just a few steps. Flopping onto her back and celebrating her victory, she invites me to rub her belly and scratch her head and ears. Then the purring machine goes into operation while she circles my ankles. She will pester me for a few more rubs and then, after about 15 minutes, will settle down into her bed, near my feet. It’s time for a 5 or 6 hour nap. It’s hard work being a cat! But I must admit that we haven’t seen the ground squirrels this spring and mice/rats are absent as well. She did catch a baby lizard, and that’s a bad thing. We have a lizard family living out in front and they help to eat all kinds of insects, so I’m hoping that they can stay out her path…and her teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment