Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pool Time

Thursday is here and what is new? A quick glance at the news by Pluck and I see more of the same stuff I saw the day before…and the day before that, etc. There are a few notable highlights, but not many at this early hour.

Can you believe it? Even the weather is boring once again. Nothing but nice and sunny in the forecast. I even had to turn on the sprinklers. Ah, but the benefits of this kind of weather! The roses, patiently waiting all of this time, have decided it was time to burst forth with some beautiful blossoms. And the pool is warming up quite nicely. I tested the water temperature digitally, (put my finger in it) and I can see that a week of this kind of weather will have me into the pool again. There is nothing quite as nice as dipping into the pool after a few hours of working in the garden on a hot day.

For more fun, I mowed the orchard yesterday, enjoying the sunshine and the wind in my face as the mower sped through that chore. Also, I see that I have a few repairs to make on the ditches before we get our first water delivery. I wonder if I will have time to do any burning before that first water arrives? I guess I had better get into town and fill out the paperwork for my burning permit before I attempt to do that.

Yesterday, I spent a few minutes looking through my closet and found all of my favorite shorts, even the ones that Laurae has threatened to throw away. I’m all set now for the summer season; shorts, t-shirts and Crocs on my feet and I still have an ample supply of Hawaiian shirts for Sunday morning church wear.

My old friend, Alex, is on his way up here this morning and we hope to see him and his son for lunch. Can we talk him into staying over for the night? Knowing him as I do, that will be a tough chore, but I will attempt it.

I suppose I should report that the new store in town is a hit with us - so far. I’m always leery of “good things” that appear to be too good. Yes, you have to bag your own groceries, but the prices are really low on most things. Time will be the test. Can they keep up these kinds of prices throughout the year? In the meantime I am grateful that I can save a little gas money by shopping locally more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment