Thursday, April 20, 2006

Trust

As long as we can trust our government to do the right thing, what are we worried about?

“Congress is considering a drug war idea that could be perceived globally as biological warfare. The House has authorized, and the Senate is considering, a proposal to revive research on the use of toxic, mold-like fungi called mycoherbicides to kill drug crops in other countries such as Colombia and Afghanistan…”

And just what might happen if we spent our money on drug use prevention programs instead of dangerous research like this? I’m just curious…

3 comments:

  1. I say legalize and tax marijuana and use the money for drug prevention. Heck we do it with alcohol and tabacco.

    It's is heroine, meth, crack, and oxycodone, etc that are teh real problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you don't understand...meth is made from chemicals that real businesses manufacture. You can't interfere with business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Steve I worked in the paint industry in California for 15 years. It was practice to report suspected meth manufacturers. At Home Depot in Chico they would write down license plate numbers and call the Sherrif. In my old store near Rio Linda we refused suspicious sales. We got training literature given from the chem manufcturers that told us how to identify suspected meth makers.

    My cousin nearly died in a meth explosion. I have seen friends become prostitutes for crank. My old roommate was on crank and it aged her ten years before she quit. My high school friend (and best friend) got involved with meth and ended up having sex with other men for meth, he endagered the life of his young daughter and wife. When I reported him to the Contra Costa DA and Sherrif they said they were overloaded with work and sent me on my way.

    ReplyDelete