Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bark

Darn dogs! I love to have the window open at this time of the morning, but it’s not open so that I can hear the barking of dogs. I don’t know whose dogs these noisemakers are, but I do wish I had my own dog right now, a Redbone Hound; a breed I once owned. What a voice! I would think that the magnificent baying of a hound would silence the petty barks of those common dogs and would give the neighbors something to think about.

Today is irrigation day and just before 6 I will make my way up to the canal and open the gate to our ditch. I cleaned out my section of the ditch yesterday in the hope that would help with the flow, but the section just before mine is still choked with weeds so the effect of the cleaning may be negligible. Despite the rain we have seen during the past few days, it’s still a good idea to irrigate. Besides the obvious good…irrigation drives the gopher’s nuts!

Boo, the cat has joined me. She’s sitting on the window sill and peering intently into the early morning darkness. What does she see? I have this thought that she sees the dark world in that ghostly green glow we see on newscasts when filming using “night vision” scopes. Could be. Her eyes are certainly green.

On a different note. I had this thought last night, just before going to bed and after watching Frontline. The thought is still with me this morning and it is; the world is certainly an evil place at times and we (Americans) are so blessed to live where we do. But that doesn’t mean we should rest easily and not be critical of those in power. Because power corrupts, we need to be vigilant. Of course, those in power claim the opposite to be true…how predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment