Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Breezy

The breeze is blowing both inside and out on this Tuesday morning. I have the fans circulating the night air and I can hear the chimes stirring out in the back. There’s something very pleasant about the sound and feel of the air as it moves about the house, sweeping out the stale air. I do enjoy the fans!

I want to buy a screen door this year for the front of the house. Not a “safety” screen, just a normal screen door so that I can open the front door at about this time in the morning and get a full flow of air from front to back. And I would be able to look out to the west and see the mountains and the pasture every time I passed by that door.

I was just browsing through the news and I was reminded of one of my pet peeves…that would be the use of the term, “the former…” As in the recent stories about Anna Nicole Smith. She is always described by her former self. “The former Playmate of the Year” or the “Former Stripper”. As if her former self had any relationships to her present self. Not!

Wouldn’t you hate to be described to the world by your former personas? “Steve, the former 3 year old brat.” Or, “Steve, the former clumsy 8 year old.” And worst of all, “Steve, the former teenager.”

Of course there might be some value to the use of the “Former” descriptive…would we have elected a president who was always described by the press as “the former failed business man.”? Perhaps not. At the very least we would have been warned as to what was going to happen to our national debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment