Friday, May 12, 2006

Just Grand

Another day, a Friday to be exact. And today is “Grandperson’s Day” at Chico Country Day School. And I’m one of those…I’m a male grandperson, which in the old days, before politically correctness, was called a grandparent, or even grandpa. And I will be attending the festivities there this morning. I have a map of the campus and what’s this?…I just noticed that none of the women teachers use “Mrs.” In front of their names? They are all “Ms.” and I’m never sure of what that means? Is it more PC?

After my morning at school I need to stop at the store and buy the ingredients needed for Plaza III Steak Soup. That will be my entry for the Soup Cook-Off at church tomorrow evening. I know, it doesn’t seem like soup weather these days; and originally this was supposed to be a Chili Cook-Off. My guess is that out of consideration for the age of the congregation, it was changed to soup. Hmm? Sounds like more PC to me.

The sun is just now making it presence known with a silver glow in the east. The cat is blocking the view slightly as she sits in the window and listens attentively to the “early birds” that are greeting the light. She has a bell on her collar, so even if she was outside, she would have a hard time catching a bird. This is her second collar; she came in the other night without her collar and so I had to quickly buy another. They’re safety collars, meant to release if she snags it on something and is in danger of strangling. I don’t know how often that happens. I’ve never seen a cat skeleton dangling from a fence or in a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment