Thursday, May 4, 2006

Rain?

Another day; it’s Thursday, and one day closer to our marathon event on this coming Sunday. We’ll be traveling to Fortuna on Saturday and will pick up our pre-race packets that day. Because we’re racewalkers, we have an “early” start on Sunday morning and then, after approximately 6 hours, it will all be over…until the next one. (Anchorage – June 17th)

Since it is so close to race day, I won’t be going out for any strenuous exercise today. If I haven’t prepared for the race by now, it’s far too late to try catching up. And I have plenty to do around here today. I have some “custom soil” (60% compost – 40% loam) being delivered this afternoon and that will go into the raised garden beds. Also, I have to do some gopher eradication work…if I can. Perhaps I should take the cat along with me and point out the gopher holes? If I could interest her in the “hunt” then I could stop worrying about the little plant eating monsters!

We had sort of a late running day yesterday; going to watch Meghan’s game in Durham about 6 last night and getting home right at 9. While we were seated in the stands, the constant breeze kept us refreshed. Then, the clouds began to pile up overhead and during the 4th inning, the rain began. No downpour, just big fat drops that startled you when they hit. Most fans held their ground and didn’t run for shelter…we just sat and waited for it to be over. And we were rewarded with a magnificent rainbow in about half an hour’s time.

No comments:

Post a Comment