Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Today's Lament

After today’s walk in the park, I had to go by Alicia’s house to pick up a car seat (we’re picking up Kyle tonight) and I decided to get a cup of coffee at Steam n’ Bean. Nothing much has changed at this espresso house; the coffee is OK, but the scone was underdone and very doughy. It’s difficult to find the perfect coffee shop and I’ve tried most of the Chico ones at least twice. Cal Java with two locations is pretty good, but the quality is uneven. Bidwell Perk is also OK, but suffers from lack of parking. Peet’s would be good if they didn’t keep their bathrooms locked. Where, oh where, is the perfect cup of coffee?

And while I was sitting and reading the newspaper at Steam n’ Bean, I could hear a loud and lamenting customer complaining about the recent immigration protests… (I bet he would have enjoyed my comments!) But what I did get from his comments was the fact that he had given up on his government and his president. Why did it take him so long to figure it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment