Monday, June 5, 2006

Late

I was all set to post something on Sunday morning and then this happened…

“Here I am on a Sunday morning; a little bit later than usual as the internet server is down again. I have tried rebooting as I thought it might be a problem of mine, but that didn’t change things and I see that I’m still connected to the mail server. I wouldn’t recommend satellite internet service to anyone; far too slow and one server or another is always down. Oops! Now the whole network is down; no mail. No internet. What a joke! OK, I tried resetting the modem and now I will wait to see if that helps. Nope.

I wish cable service would arrive in this area. Cable or DSL, I’m not particular. Anything would be better (and cheaper) than this satellite service. Yes, I’m frustrated…does it show?

I was outside for a moment, to add water to the pool, and I see that it’s going to be a beautiful day. It’s about 63° and rising. The sky is mostly clear with just a thin band of clouds on the eastern horizon. Now I need to go out in front and look for the newspaper, I need some kind of news!”

Hughes.net finally came back to life about 2 in the afternoon. No explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment