Saturday, June 3, 2006

The Master

Saturday morning is here and it’s race day for me. The local Fleet Feet store is promoting a Masters 4-mile run/walk at Bidwell Park. I hope to do OK in it and why not? The race is restricted to those who are over the age of 40. (That’s why it’s called a “Masters” race.) I’m entered in the Men’s, 65-69 year old division and with any luck at all I will be the only one in my bracket. A local racewalker, Lin Jensen, who could beat me anytime, is older than that and I’m not even sure if he is entered in this race. There are a couple of others, nameless, who might be a threat…more later.

After the race, I will have to stop at Home Depot and buy two more pieces of treated wood for my new herb garden. I’m building a two tiered raised bed in the corner of the back yard; replacing an obnoxious but nameless shrub that once dominated that space. Of course nothing is ever simple; I will have to change all of the sprinklers in the adjacent rose garden to drip types so that I can use the same system in the herb garden.

Photos later…

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:46 AM

    treated wood for your herb garden??? yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that and I'm thinking that since the planter box is so large...maybe it will be diluted. I really don't know of an easy way to do this...

    ReplyDelete