Friday, July 21, 2006

Getting old?

If you’ve been reading the blog, The New Dharma Bums, you may have noticed that the most recent subjects for contemplation have been about food. Good choice; though I found it difficult to contribute much to the discussion. First there was a post on cooking utensils and then one on favorite foods and restaurants.

I tried to think of something to say about the kitchen utensils we own; favorites and such. But I was at a loss. My only favorites are my knives. Since we bought the new oven and glass topped cooking surface, the old cast iron stuff is forbidden. And the one antique cast iron dutch oven is nowhere to be found. Now where did that go?

And then favorite restaurants and meals…I think that included those made at home. (There are really no rules to these discussions…) And again I drew a blank. Yet I have a blog that deals with just that subject. Where did my mind go? The same place as the dutch oven?

Their subject for today is all about keeping cool. Timely. And I think we found a pretty good way; we use a fan in the study doorway to blow out the hot air from the assorted electronics in that room. Sure seems cool! And we use fans all through the house while keeping the thermostat at 80°. Our acting governor wants us to keep it at 78° and we’re more than happy to do a little bit better than that.


No comments:

Post a Comment