Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Global thoughts

Wednesday and another hot day is forecast. The weather news tells me that 95% of the nation is suffering from this heat wave and drought is the norm for the Midwest, yet…no one has mentioned Global Warming in connection with it?

When it comes to heat, my major complaint is that it slows down life. Everybody moves at half speed, including myself, and it frustrates me. And the heat will only increase during the next 5 days, with Friday/Saturday being the hottest.

We were at our watercolor class last night and that was more frustration. The location we were using (Carnegie Library) didn’t allow enough room for me to really get involved in the art and so I ended up reading art books and doodling. I don’t know about others, but I like to have plenty of room, space to put out all of my materials so that I can pick and choose easily. Working out of a box just doesn’t cut it. And I also found the size of the paper frustrating as well. But that’s not new…I have always wanted to draw or paint on a large scale. No, not on the side of a building, but something along the order of 3’ x 4’. For now, that would be big enough; building sized art will come later.

What else is new? In no particular order…It’s irrigation day and that means I will have to run the gauntlet of the webs when I walk up to the canal in a few hours. Spiders are everywhere. Inside and outside; in fact, I don’t ever remember seeing as many as we have this year. Global Warming?

And my oldest granddaughter joined into a far too short discussion on my blog regarding youth, the elderly and the insurance industry. She has a blog of her own and I look at it just about every day, hoping that she will have posted something new. She’s talented and she’s bright…and her relationship has little to do with my praise. I think she should write something every day of the week. It wouldn’t have to be anything monumental, just a thought would be sufficient. It would be a great way for her to practice expressing herself, as a thinker of great thoughts. OK, so I’m a little bit biased…

No comments:

Post a Comment