Sunday, July 16, 2006

Morning News. Bah!

I can already see that the nights are growing longer. Darn! In my perfect world, nighttime is from 9 PM to 5 AM. Every day of the year. And daytime temperatures are always 90°; nighttime temps are right around 65° with a 7.5 mph breeze blowing. Oops! I almost forgot; it rains every night for 30 minutes. Now where is this place?

On a different note: Although I am a rabid fan of world news, I’m certainly not enjoying any of the stories I have been reading lately. World War III continues to grow in size and scope, while politicians dither and posture at the G8 meeting in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Is there anyone in charge that doesn’t have a personal agenda of increased power? Is there anyone in charge that cares for the lives of the innocents? Apparently not.

“Israeli airstrikes reduced entire apartment buildings to rubble…” and “Rockets fired by Hezbollah guerrillas killed eight people in the Israeli city of Haifa on Sunday…” As you can see, it’s all about terror…from both sides. A pox on both of their houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment