Wednesday, August 23, 2006

More on Service

Middle of the week. And the week is flying by! Once more I have to drive to Roseville for a visit to the dentist. I really need to find a local dentist so that I can give up these two hour drives to the “Big City” and back; it takes up the whole day. Plus; how much does it cost me in gasoline?

Yesterday, I was ranting about customer service and the lack thereof…and then I went to the VW dealer. I was already set for a “bad dealer day” as I have had plenty of those at this particular dealer. In fact, if it hadn’t been for the “Check Engine Light”, I would have been back at Jiffy Lube where I knew I was appreciated.

After signing all the papers and receiving an estimate of the $$$ damages, I went for a long walk in the park while they worked on the car. And while I was walking, I created a scenario in my mind; I already knew that they wouldn’t even bother to clean the windshield and so I was going to confront them about it. It was going to be great. I would wound them with my logic and have them on their knees, begging for mercy. I returned at the appointed time, all set to play out that scene.  

The service rep greeted me and says, “I’m sorry; your car isn’t ready yet. It’s still in the Detail department, waiting to be washed.” Washed? They have never done anything like that before. Then the service rep goes to the employee lunch room and brings me a cold bottle of water! (I did look a little heated…)

Instant transformation! From angry customer to a happy one. Within minutes, I was wandering about the showroom, clutching my cold bottle of water and looking at the new cars. “Hmmm? Not bad. Maybe we should look at Volkswagens again. That’s not a bad price…Good looking car!” Behold the power of SERVICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment